So, this is the first post in another new series! I'm just full of surprises this week ;). As you can tell, it's baking themed. This, is another one of my many obsessions. I tend to focus on cookies because, who doesn't like cookies? All the recipes I will be showing you guys are ones that I have made and certified them as delicious!
Today's cookie is a total classic. But I think that there's a reason that this one has stuck around for so long.
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cups of walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter, white and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract. Add the baking soda and salt to the batter. Stir in the flour, chocolate chips and nuts (if you use them). Drop by large spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (I use a cookie scoop, it is so much easier!)
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the oven, or until the edges are nicely browned. ( If you are using a timer, set it for 8 minutes and just keep checking them).
- Use a cookie scoop, it makes uniform cookies and it's less messy!
- Start checking your cookies around 7-8 minutes, everyone's oven works differently so yours might take less time than mine!
- Don't wait until the cookies look completely done, by that I mean like really golden brown. I've found that they keep cooking even when you take them out so if you want perfect chewy, amazing cookies take them out when they are lightly golden brown. Obviously don't take them out if they are still uncooked. The good thing about that is, if you miss judge, you can just put them back in the oven!
- If you're a fan of milk chocolate, try using Giradelli Milk Chocolate Chips! They are so good!
I hope you guys liked this new type of post! :) Let me know if you try out this recipe, and do you want to see more Cookie Therapy posts?
Have a beautiful day! :)