Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Now I know that there is less than 20 days left of spring but I still wanted to get my spring essentials post up!
NYX Green Tea Blotting Paper - I can't believe how long it's taken me to try blotting sheets. Honestly, you would think that I live under a rock. I had an internship interview last month and I wanted to bring powder with me so that I wouldn't look too shiny, but I was worried about caking my makeup. The magical solution to my problems? Blotting sheets.
L'Oreal Color Riche Caresse Aqua Laquer - This is hands down one of my favorite long wearing lip colors. In the springtime what I really want in a lip color is something that is no fuss. I want to be able to slap it on and not worry about it for hours. This does just that.
L'Oreal Silky Sheer Face Lotion SPF 50+ - You might think of sunscreen as something you only use in the summer but really, you need it just as much in the spring. This is one of my favorite ones for my face. It's a super thin consistency and drys to a powdery finish so I don't feel like a greasy mess!
KMS California Hair Play - I feel so guilty for cheating on my Batiste... But this stuff is seriously amazing. I can spray this in my incredibly dark brown hair and I don't see anything. I mean literally not a spec of white powder. Not only is it an amazing dry shampoo but, it gives me a ton of volume!
Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream - Come spring time I really just want a no fuss makeup routine. I'm all about products that I can slap on my face while I'm running out the door. I didn't expect much from this drugstore BB cream but I have seriously fallen in love. I will say that in the tube it looks pretty intense... Like oompa loompa intense. But, have no fear. Once you apply it the crazy orange look disappears. I have this in the lightest shade that they offer and I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be WAY too dark for me come winter time.
Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline - Oh. My. Goodness. This stuff is divine. Fragrance is incredibly personal but I think that this is one of those scents that you can't not love!
What products do you love in the springtime?
See you tomorrow!
Monday, June 2, 2014
If you've seen my Influenster Go Vox Box post then you already got a sneak peak of the product that I'll be reviewing today.
Alrighty, lets start off with the claims that this product makes -
"Supports reduction of body fat (as part of a healthy diet and exercise program)."
"Reduces hunger and cravings"
My take on their claims? While I can't comment on the reduction of body fat as I only had three to use, I can see how these could reduce cravings for some people. Specifically people who love cake batter because the French Vanilla flavor tasted like I was drinking vanilla cake batter! YUM!
This meal replacement shake comes in three flavors - Swiss Chocolate, French Vanilla and Fresh Berries. While they were all delicious I think that Swiss Chocolate and French Vanilla were my favorites because they had the least chemically aftertaste.
The bottle advertised with this line is unique in the way that it blends together protein shakes. Most people stick with the typical Blender Bottle that has a ball that reminds me of a whisk. This has a giant jax. In a way, I find it really strange that, that is what is blending my drinks together. Sometimes I wonder if a child just accidentally stuck their toy in my bottle... But, odd or not, it works!
The directions say to mix one packet of powder with 8 oz of water (you can also use milk, almond milk or any liquid that your prefer!). I personally like to stick with between 10-12 oz of liquid. I think it helps to make sure that all of the powder is dissolved so I don't get any of the dreaded lumps..
Once you've got your liquid in there just dump one of the shake packets on top! You can always add the powder before your liquid but I prefer doing liquid first. Now, make sure the lid is on tight and shake it like crazy!
I have two complaints with this product and the first being, the darn bottle. At first I thought I was just being dumb and I didn't know how to open it. But oh no. It wasn't me. I know that the bottle needs to have a really tight seal so that when your mixing the drink it doesn't go everywhere. But the pop top was stuck on there so hard that the first two times I used this bottle I spilled some of my drink all over my phone. Both freaking times. And I have to say that my brother has a Blender Bottle so naturally I tried his to see if every bottle of this sort was like this but nope. I opened his up just fine. If you've tried this and you've found a way to prevent spillage PLEASE share your wisdom with me!
My second complaint is that the shakes had a chemical after taste. It wasn't quite as noticeable with the Swiss Chocolate and the French Vanilla but the Fresh Berries was pretty bad..
Overall I really enjoyed using this product. If you are new to the world of protein/meal replacement shakes then you will love these. They don't have a gritty texture which is common in homemade shakes depending on which protein powder you use. Also, I found that these did really stick with me for a while. I used them as a post-workout and as a meal replacement. And both times I didn't find myself starving an hour or two later.
I would recommend these products for someone who is on the go and wants a simple meal replacement shake or something to drink post-workout.
Will I be purchasing more of these? Maybe, I did get a $5.00 off coupon so I might just have to swing in and pick up some more of the Swiss Chocolate.
See you tomorrow!
- L'Oreal Advance Power Moisture Mask - I am one of those people that uses a hair mask basically every day in place of a traditional conditioner. My hair is extremely long and it was fairly damaged up until a few days ago when I got a much needed trim. This is one of the only products that makes my hair manageable right from when I step out of the shower. Plus, if you like hair products that have a scent that lingers, you need this!
- It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin - Every single person with hair on their head needs to try this. For the longest time I thought that this was the most overpriced leave in conditioner. But then, I tried it. Do you want silk for hair? Yes? You need this. Nothing has ever made my hair softer, silkier or shinier.
- Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment - An under eye cream is by no means necessary at 18 years old. However, I have incredibly dry skin so I find that when I don't use one, my under eye concealer just looks cakey no matter what other products I use. I think that I might have fairly sensitive eyes as some of the others that I've tried left my eyes puffy (as if I had been crying) when I woke up. This thankfully doesn't do that! I do think that this has been helping to brighten up my under eye and overall I just love it!
- Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil for Dry Skin - The only other cleansing oil that I have ever tried is the Dermalogica Precleanse and my skin had a bit of a freakout after using it. Naturally, I assumed it was the new product that I had tried to incorporate into my routine and swore off oil cleansers for good. Well, I am one of those people who is always looking for the next best thing even if what I already have is fantastic. When I saw that Garnier was coming out with an oil cleanser I knew I had to try it. The price point of this is around $7.00 which isn't bad for a bottle this big. My only complaint is that it leaves a slight residue on your skin. This doesn't bother me too much because I have extremely dry skin and typically use my Clarisonic after removing my makeup with this. If you've always wanted to try an oil cleanser but didn't know where to start - check this one out!
- it Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream in Fair - $38.00 for a CC Cream? I put off buying this for so long because I thought that there was no way that this could be worth the money. Man, I was wrong. It's amazing! This is my go to when I want my makeup to last all day with relatively natural coverage that won't look shiny. Seriously, everyone needs this.
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - All month this has been my go to for the days when I don't have a lot going on. I use this a lot on days when I just need a little bit of coverage to run some errands and especially before I go to the gym if my skin is having an off day! I still really want to pick up the Dream Pure version that has salicylic acid in it for days that I am wearing this to the gym to prevent any post-workout breakouts. Unfortunately, my Walmart only has two of the shades.
- Maybelline Baby Skin - I wouldn't say that this is a wonder cream... But it is hands down the best primer that I've found from the drugstore. I know that everyone says this is basically a dupe for Benefit's The Porefessional but I just don't see that. I think that this is more of a mixture between The Porefessional and Smashbox Photo Finish. Either way, I love the way my foundations/BB creams/CC creams apply over this.
- Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer - I can't lie, that picture makes it look a little bit scary. I promise it really isn't that reddish in person! For at least three years I have been faithful to my Benefit Hoola and I haven't tried anything else but Sephora had a kit with this miniature bronzer and I knew that it was fate for me to try it. Seeing as I've basically only ever used my Hoola bronzer I wasn't sure how I felt about the shimmer in this. But honestly, I don't see it on my skin! I think this gives me a nice summery glow but I don't look like I just doused myself in craft glitter.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold - This I had purchased on a bit of a whim. I know that a lot of people love these but I just haven't been thrilled with the colors that I had purchased. I think that's on me though, the only other colors that I had picked up aren't really ones that I'd use on a regular basis. But, I have been loving this for an all over lid color lately! I use this and a light/medium matte brown shade to blend into my crease and that's basically it. To me, it's an incredibly simplified summertime smoky eye! ( Expect a post coming soon!)
- NYX Butter Glosses in Creme Brûlée & Eclair - The praise for this gloss is 100% deserved. This is another product that I figured was just over hyped and that it probably wasn't that great. To be honest, I'm not much of a gloss wearer. Nothing that I owned (before these) every wowed me. Eclair is the most perfect nudey-pink shade for everyday. Honestly, I adore it. I think it even looks amazing when it wears down. Creme Brûlée is more of a peachy nude and probably a color that I would have shied away from a few months ago, but this is an amazing nude that won't make your lips look dead! Plus, even if the shades were hideous I feel like I'd still wear them because the consistency is to-die-for.
What were you loving in the month of May?
See you tomorrow!