Thursday, January 19, 2012

Books I Read In School in 2011 & Favorite Books I Read In School

Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't post yesterday! But, I'll make up for it today by doing yesterdays and today's post combined in one! Yay! :)
Haha, ok so yesterday's was supposed to be all of the books that I read in/for school in 2011!

  1. The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald
  2. The Worst Hard Time- Timothy Egan
  3. The Last True Story I'll Ever Tell- John Crawford
  4. The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter- Carson McCullers
  5. Till We Have Faces- C.S. Lewis
  6. 19 Minutes- Jodi Picoult
  7. The Hobbit- J.R.R. Tolkien
  8. Mountains Beyond Mountains- Tracey Kiddler
  9. Of Mice And Men- John Steinbeck
  10. A Thousand Splendid Suns- Khaled Hosseini
  11. The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini
  12. Their Eyes Were Watching God- Zora Neale Hurston
I do believe that is all of them! And to be honest, I really did enjoy most of those!
Ok now- on to 'today's post'!
What is my favorite book that I've read in/for school?
Hmm... Honestly, the first one that comes to mind is To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee. I read that in my Freshman year of high school, and I totally loved it. That's probably my favorite.. Yeah... I had always thought I had a copy of it, but come to find out, I didn't. :( So, for my last birthday my mom bought me the 50th anniversary addition of it! (Thanks Mom! :) ) I cannot even begin to say how excited I was! 
A second favorite I think may be The Last True Story I'll Ever Tell by John Crawford. I chose that book for one of my summer reading choices for my U.S. history course. Really, that was probably one of the most interesting summer reading books that I have ever read. It was just so unlike the books that I normally read, I have never really read any war books before. But now, The Things They Carried is on my list!
Now, I will leave you with a fun fact! I actually named the kitten that I got last spring, Boo Radley after Arthur Boo Radley in To Kill A Mocking Bird. Just more proof that I love that book!

That right over there is my boy Boo Radley in his first snow storm!

Tomorrows post is going to be a book case tour!! Yay- books!

Have a great night! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your cat is adorable! He looks so angelic surrounded by the snow!

    ReplyDelete