Haha, ok so yesterday's was supposed to be all of the books that I read in/for school in 2011!
- The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Worst Hard Time- Timothy Egan
- The Last True Story I'll Ever Tell- John Crawford
- The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter- Carson McCullers
- Till We Have Faces- C.S. Lewis
- 19 Minutes- Jodi Picoult
- The Hobbit- J.R.R. Tolkien
- Mountains Beyond Mountains- Tracey Kiddler
- Of Mice And Men- John Steinbeck
- A Thousand Splendid Suns- Khaled Hosseini
- The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini
- Their Eyes Were Watching God- Zora Neale Hurston
I do believe that is all of them! And to be honest, I really did enjoy most of those!
Ok now- on to 'today's post'!
What is my favorite book that I've read in/for school?
Hmm... Honestly, the first one that comes to mind is To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee. I read that in my Freshman year of high school, and I totally loved it. That's probably my favorite.. Yeah... I had always thought I had a copy of it, but come to find out, I didn't. :( So, for my last birthday my mom bought me the 50th anniversary addition of it! (Thanks Mom! :) ) I cannot even begin to say how excited I was!
A second favorite I think may be The Last True Story I'll Ever Tell by John Crawford. I chose that book for one of my summer reading choices for my U.S. history course. Really, that was probably one of the most interesting summer reading books that I have ever read. It was just so unlike the books that I normally read, I have never really read any war books before. But now, The Things They Carried is on my list!
Now, I will leave you with a fun fact! I actually named the kitten that I got last spring, Boo Radley after Arthur Boo Radley in To Kill A Mocking Bird. Just more proof that I love that book!
That right over there is my boy Boo Radley in his first snow storm!
Tomorrows post is going to be a book case tour!! Yay- books!
Have a great night! :)