Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Makeup Fit For A Fairy Queen?

Hi guys! :)
So I had another day off from school. I figured since I probably wouldn't be going anywhere, today would be a good day to start trying out some options for show makeup seeing as opening night is in two weeks. That sounds like a lot of time, but it's not... So this is my first 'attempt' at a possible look for my show! Keep in mind, we're doing Midsummer/Jersey and I'm Titania, the fairy queen of the forest.
What You Need:
  • Face-
    • Primer
      • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind
    • Foundation
      • Revlon Colorstay in 110 Ivory
    • Concealer
      • Revlon Spa Concealer in 001 
    • Face Powder
      • ELF Tone Correcting Powder
    • Contour
      • Benefit Hoola Bronzer
    • Highlight
      • Physicians Formula Retro Glow Illuminating Powder
    • Blush
      • Clinique Powder Blush in Cupid
  • Eyes
    • Eye Primer
      • Benefit Stay Don't Stray
    • Loose Glitter
      • NYX Glitter Mania in 03 Crystal
    • Black Pencil Liner
      • NYC Waterproof Eye Pencil in Black
    • Liquid Liner
      • NYX Liquid Crystal LIner in 102 Crystal Onyx
    • False Lashes & Glue
      • Demi-Wispies
    • Mascara
      • Maybelline The Falsies in Black
  • Lips
    • Lipstick (Red or Nude)
      • NYX Snow White or MAC Hue
    • Lipbrush
The face is pretty basic, just prime and use a medium to full coverage foundation. Use a concealer and setting powder as you normally would. Then highlight, contour and add blush. 

 For the eyes apply an eye primer and then wet a flat shader brush and dip it into the loose glitter. I recommend putting a piece of paper or something beneath your eye to keep the glitter from sticking to your foundation. Pat the glitter onto your eyes. Once you have an even amount of glitter on both of your eyes, apply the falsies. Then take a black liquid liner to hide the band of the falsies. Use a black pencil liner to emphasize your lower lash line. Apply mascara to blend the falsies with your natural lashes.
Yeah, that's a super cute  face, I know :p. For lips if your going to go with a dark color, I suggest using a lip brush to initially apply it and then fill in and go over it with the actual lipstick.
 If you decide to do a nude lip, you can just apply it the way you would normally apply any lipstick!
I think I personally prefer this look with the nude lip, but that's just me! For an actual performance I would probably choose more of a berry pink for the lips so that they don't drown under the lights! Also, next time I think I'm going to try this look but actually use eyeshadow, so do a real eye look and then put the glitter on over it! I'll definitely keep posting the looks as I try them out! Let me know if you guys have any requests or if you want me to do a basic stage makeup post. I've been doing this since I was 5 for dance recitals so it's super fun and I don't mind at all! :)

Have a beautiful day ya'll! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment