Monday, June 2, 2014

May Favorites - 2014


 Haircare -

  • L'Oreal Advance Power Moisture Mask - I am one of those people that uses a hair mask basically every day in place of a traditional conditioner. My hair is extremely long and it was fairly damaged up until a few days ago when I got a much needed trim. This is one of the only products that makes my hair manageable right from when I step out of the shower. Plus, if you like hair products that have a scent that lingers, you need this! 

  • It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin - Every single person with hair on their head needs to try this. For the longest time I thought that this was the most overpriced leave in conditioner. But then, I tried it. Do you want silk for hair? Yes? You need this. Nothing has ever made my hair softer, silkier or shinier. 

 Skincare -

  • Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment - An under eye cream is by no means necessary at 18 years old. However, I have incredibly dry skin so I find that when I don't use one, my under eye concealer just looks cakey no matter what other products I use. I think that I might have fairly sensitive eyes as some of the others that I've tried left my eyes puffy (as if I had been crying) when I woke up. This thankfully doesn't do that! I do think that this has been helping to brighten up my under eye and overall I just love it!

  • Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil for Dry Skin - The only other cleansing oil that I have ever tried is the Dermalogica Precleanse and my skin had a bit of a freakout after using it. Naturally, I assumed it was the new product that I had tried to incorporate into my routine and swore off oil cleansers for good. Well, I am one of those people who is always looking for the next best thing even if what I already have is fantastic. When I saw that Garnier was coming out with an oil cleanser I knew I had to try it. The price point of this is around $7.00 which isn't bad for a bottle this big. My only complaint is that it leaves a slight residue on your skin. This doesn't bother me too much because I have extremely dry skin and typically use my Clarisonic after removing my makeup with this. If you've always wanted to try an oil cleanser but didn't know where to start - check this one out!



  •  it Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream in Fair - $38.00 for a CC Cream? I put off buying this for so long because I thought that there was no way that this could be worth the money. Man, I was wrong. It's amazing! This is my go to when I want my makeup to last all day with relatively natural coverage that won't look shiny. Seriously, everyone needs this.

  • Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - All month this has been my go to for the days when I don't have a lot going on. I use this a lot on days when I just need a little bit of coverage to run some errands and especially before I go to the gym if my skin is having an off day! I still really want to pick up the Dream Pure version that has salicylic acid in it for days that I am wearing this to the gym to prevent any post-workout breakouts. Unfortunately, my Walmart only has two of the shades.

  • Maybelline Baby Skin - I wouldn't say that this is a wonder cream... But it is hands down the best primer that I've found from the drugstore. I know that everyone says this is basically a dupe for Benefit's The Porefessional but I just don't see that. I think that this is more of a mixture between The Porefessional and Smashbox Photo Finish. Either way, I love the way my foundations/BB creams/CC creams apply over this.


  •  Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer - I can't lie, that picture makes it look a little bit scary. I promise it really isn't that reddish in person! For at least three years I have been faithful to my Benefit Hoola and I haven't tried anything else but Sephora had a kit with this miniature bronzer and I knew that it was fate for me to try it. Seeing as I've basically only ever used my Hoola bronzer I wasn't sure how I felt about the shimmer in this. But honestly, I don't see it on my skin! I think this gives me a nice summery glow but I don't look like I just doused myself in craft glitter.


  •  Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold - This I had purchased on a bit of a whim. I know that a lot of people love these but I just haven't been thrilled with the colors that I had purchased. I think that's on me though, the only other colors that I had picked up aren't really ones that I'd use on a regular basis. But, I have been loving this for an all over lid color lately! I use this and a light/medium matte brown shade to blend into my crease and that's basically it. To me, it's an incredibly simplified summertime smoky eye! ( Expect a post coming soon!)


  • NYX Butter Glosses in Creme Brûlée & Eclair - The praise for this gloss is 100% deserved. This is another product that I figured was just over hyped and that it probably wasn't that great. To be honest, I'm not much of a gloss wearer. Nothing that I owned (before these) every wowed me. Eclair is the most perfect nudey-pink shade for everyday. Honestly, I adore it. I think it even looks amazing when it wears down. Creme Brûlée is more of a peachy nude and probably a color that I would have shied away from a few months ago, but this is an amazing nude that won't make your lips look dead! Plus, even if the shades were hideous I feel like I'd still wear them because the consistency is to-die-for.
What were you loving in the month of May?

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment