Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Catching Fire & Mockingjay

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! (or... HAPPY TUESDAY!)
I know some people aren't huge fans of V-Day but where ever you are, or what you feel about today, just remember that there is always someone out there that loves you!

So as you may remember from my post last Friday, I'm kind of addicted to The Hunger Games... Like really addicted. So, after I finished The Hunger Games I immediately bought Catching Fire for my Kindle, and I didn't really read that much on Friday night, but then Saturday morning I read some and then.... I stayed up till 3 a.m. on Sunday reading... and yep, I finished it! Guys, seriously. It's so good! (Peeta<3) I'm not going to go into huge detail about the actual book itself cause I don't want to spoil it for anyone! But, I will say that it was amazing! The ending was a bit... confusing? I didn't quite understand what was going on at first (If you've read it, you'll know what I mean). But I still thought it was great! And oh my gosh! When they find out what the Quarter Quell is... I FREAKED! No joking, I may have screamed NOOOOO at my Kindle... just maybe. :)
Then Sunday morning I ended up buying Mockingjay because it was all I could do to keep myself from buying & reading it at 3 in the morning! And... I finished it today! :) Like at 3 or something. I've been almost done it since I think yesterday but I really didn't want to keep reading because after all, Mockingjay is the last book! But I can happily say that I'm glad I finished it! I was so thrilled with the way the author chose to end it! Like literally I thought that if it didn't work out the way I wanted it to, I would have just given up reading forever! Well... maybe not forever, but for a little while at least. This book, out of all of them is the most emotional. Again, I don't want to spoil it but there were a few moments when I was fighting back serious tears, and I was so thankful that I was on my couch and not at Starbucks anymore!
I feel like when you find a book, or a series that makes you stay up till 3 in the morning, and you finish all of the books in like... less than a week, you know it's good! So I hope you guys take my word for it, and read these books yourself! They are fantastic! If you've read them, let me know what you thought of Mockingjay! I know some people that have read it really didn't like it!
I for one cannot wait for the movie to come out! I think Josh Hutcherson (sorry if I spelled that wrong!) is absolutely perfect for the role of Peeta! He really is exactly the way I imagined him! I will definitely be going to see the movie, I might wait a day or two just to see what people think of it. If people say it's horrible I probably won't see it while it's in theaters, but I can promise you guys that I will be watching this movie because I am just so darn excited!
So I think within the next few days I am going to be doing a post with all of my favorite quotes from the books! Keep and eye out for that one!
Have a great Valentine's Day everyone!
Much Love!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment